Many Groups and Districts have vacancies for people to work in a variety of roles either with the young people directly or in supporting roles such as being on the executive.
If you are interested in volunteering, please visit www.scouts.org.uk and use their group finder or contact the Surrey Scouts County Office.
County Leader – Activities (Programme)
We are looking for someone to join the Surrey Scouts Activities Team to focus on connecting the range of activities on offer from Surrey Scouts with the 6-25 programme. This is a rewarding role where your support will help young people embrace personal challenge and achieve recognition through the badge system. You will also support leaders as they deliver an adventurous, high quality programme.
The key aspects of this role include:
- Working with the Assistant County Commissioner (Activities) to ensure a flow of information.
- Working with the Activity SASUs and County Advisers to produce resources to support the 6-25 programmes.
- Working with the Activity SASUs and County Advisers to publicise the experiences they offer to young people.
- Working with the Activity SASUs and County Advisers to promote a programme of leader training and experiences linked to the focus of the SASU and elements of the 6-25 programme.
- Working with the Media team to produce high quality communications and resources.
- Working with Assistant County Commissioners (Section) to produce age appropriate resources and distribute them.
- Working with ADC (Sections) to promote activities.
For more details and to see the full role profile, click County Leader Activities (Programme).
If you think you might be interested in the role, we would be delighted to have an initial conversation to tell you more about the role and explore whether it would be a good fit. Please e-mail email@example.com with an expression of interest.
Graeme Redrup and David Hawkins
Assistant County Commissioners (Activities)