Beavers Go Wild FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions

What 1st Aid facilities are available?

We have our County First Aider, Chris Rowley, and his team on site at all times.

Who will be looking after the site during the night?

The colony leaders will be sleeping close by to their colony and we have a team that will look after the site during the night and assist any beaver who may need guidance to the toilets and returning to their tents.

Can I drive on to the site?

We have 2 small car parks on site and each District will be allocated a time for arrival and departure to drop off and collect their Beavers. Cars must be full because of the parking and parents aren’t allowed to stay once they have dropped off their child . We will have a 1 way through the site and they will leave at the top exit and turn left on to Hound House Road towards Ewhurst.

Why do we have to turn left at the top exit?

Because Hound House Road is very narrow and the volume of traffic in a short space of time, traffic will have to turn left , allowing a clearer road to allow traffic on site at the lower car park.

Why do we have to have a car full?

We are asking each car to be full of Beavers to cut down the amount of traffic on to the site.

Can Beavers sleep indoors?

No, this camp is for all Beavers. We would like them to have a 1 Night camping experience in preparation for their journey to Cubs.

Can Leaders bring their children?

Unfortunately No children of Leaders are allow to the camp. This gives the Beavers more opportunities for enjoying activities.

What toilets are available?

We have a brick Toilet block on site for both boys and girls and separate leaders, including Showers.

When do I put up the tents?

We would ask if you can put them up on Friday, either during the day or evening. There wont be much time on Saturday.

How do I claim my expenses?

You will be able to print off the form from the website and submit it to the County Office with the accompanied purchase receipts.

Do you need a DBS to stay?

Yes all Adult leaders Helper need a DBS Permit to stay over.

Do I have to have a Nights Away Permit?

Each Colony should have a Nights Away permit to camp. If you don’t have one then you could join up with another Colony in your District who has one.

Denise Iverson holds a Permit and is staying on site.

Where can I park on site?

Please join with other leaders to fill the car up who are staying for the camp, who will be parked on Site 10. Because of the space the cars will be parked close together.

Will there be any other campers on site during the weekend?

We have the whole site to our selves. There will be leaders at the training site during the day for their course but will be leaving at 5pm Saturday.

Can I bring a coach /minibus?

Because of the location of the site, coaches aren’t able to be used but minibuses can.

Do Beavers have to bring any money?

The Beavers don’t need any more money as every thing is provided. There is a Tuck Shop on site but it wont be open.

Where will the camping take place?

The beavers will camp with their District on the field.

Where will the activities take place?

The majority will take place within the wooded camping sites.

What are the ratios of adults to Beavers?

The requirement is for 1 adult to 6 Beavers and 1 extra adult.

Put your phone down and what are you left with? Just teamwork, courage and the skills to succeed.’
Bear Grylls, Chief Scout Bear Grylls