Module 38 – Skills for Residential Experiences
This course delivers the skills needed to apply for a Nights Away Permit.
The course consists of a series of online sessions leading to one practical residential weekend course. Important: One each of the online sessions must be attended before taking part in one of the residential weekends. The online sessions are also suitable for anyone wishing to refresh their knowledge.
Module 38 – Residential Weekends (you only need to complete one of these):
- M38-1-22 – 19th/20th March 2022
- M38-2-22 – 7th/8th May 2022
- M38-3-22 – tba
- You will work within a small group during the residential weekend. The group will need to provide items of equipment and cater during the weekend. (Your group will be allocated a budget for catering).
There are several dates now available for the online sessions with more dates are being added so don’t forget to check back on the booking pages
The online sessions are as follows (you will need to attend one each of these before taking part in one of the residential weekends):
- Introduction to Module 38 – tba
- Catering – tba
- Choosing & Maintaining Equipment – tba
- Staffing – tba
- Wellbeing, Health & Safety – tba
- Admin & Finance – tba
- Preparation for the residential weekend – Zoom session to meet your team and plan your weekend requirements – tba
- Module 38 Zoom sessions – all sessions available for booking shortly
- The above sessions are also suitable for anyone wishing to update their knowledge.
Important note – Nights Away Permits are awarded following successful Assessment. Assessments are conducted separately from this learning and you will not gain a permit for attending this course.
Module 16 – Introduction to Residential Experiences
This 2 1/2 hour workshop covers the requirements for adults who need this Module as part of their Wood Badge. (It is not intended for anyone applying for a Nights Away Permit)
Module 16 – Introduction to Nights Away – tba – Zoom