Module 38 – Skills for Residential Experiences
This course delivers the skills needed to apply for a Nights Away Permit.
The course consists of a series of online sessions leading to one practical residential weekend course. Important: One each of the online sessions must be attended before taking part in one of the residential weekends. The online sessions are also suitable for anyone wishing to refresh their knowledge.
Module 38 – Residential Weekends (you only need to complete one of these plus one of each of the Zoom sessions):
- M38-1-24 – 23rd to 24th March 2024 – (n.b the Catering Session on 24th Feb 2024 must also be booked)
- M38-2-24 – 5th to 6th October 2024 – (n.b the Catering Session on 7th September 2024 must also be booked)
You will work within a small group during the residential weekend. The group will need to provide items of equipment and cater during the weekend. (Your group will be allocated a budget for catering).
Additional dates will be added throughout 2023 and 2024 for the online sessions so don’t forget to check back on the booking pages or click on the links below
The online sessions are as follows (you will need to attend one each of these before taking part in one of the residential weekends):
- Catering – 24th February 2024 – this date must be attended if you are booking the March 2024 course
- Catering – 7th September 2024 – this date must be attended if you are booking the October 2024 course
- Introduction to Module 38 – (for anyone booked or considering booking one of the residential weekends in 2023 or 2024) –4th January 2024, 10th April 2024
- Choosing & Maintaining Equipment – 5th December 2023, 16th January 2024
- Staffing – 8th January 2024,
- Wellbeing, Health & Safety –tba
- Admin & Finance – 11th January 2024
- Preparation for the residential weekend – Zoom session to meet your team and plan your weekend requirements – by arrangement with your team and tutor
- Module 38 Zoom sessions – sessions are available for booking now with more being added soon
- The above sessions are also suitable for anyone wishing to update their knowledge or are thinking about joining a residential course
Important note – Nights Away Permits are awarded following successful Assessment. Assessments are conducted separately from this learning and you will not gain a permit for attending this course.
Module 16 – Introduction to Residential Experiences
This 2 1/2 hour workshop covers the requirements for adults who need this Module as part of their Wood Badge. (It is not intended for anyone applying for a Nights Away Permit)
Zoom Sessions – Module 16 – Introduction to Nights Away – 5th February 2024, 6th March 2024