The Leadership and Management Training is a part of the Wood Badge for Manager and Supporter roles. The learning opportunities for this training are divided into three areas:
- Independent Learning – this covers the knowledge required by learners to understand the key topics of leadership and management and related Scouting processes. The learning can be accessed by a variety of methods, including videos, e-learning and workbooks.
- Skills courses – this consists of three courses where learners have an opportunity to discuss and demonstrate different skills relating to leadership and management. Dates are available to book on Eventbrite
- Getting Started for Managers – An introduction to the roles of GSL/DESC and Section Supporters with a chance to validate Module 4.
Validating the Leadership and Management Training
The Leadership and Management Training is validated against six core skill areas and a safety module. More information about the objectives for each area can be found at the links below. The specific validation criteria can be found in the Adult’s Personal File for Managers and Supporters.
- Working with People
- Managing Time and Personal Skills
- Providing Direction
- Using Resources
- Enabling Change
- Achieving Results
- Safety for Managers and Supporters
- Getting Started in Management – tba
- Enabling Change – Validation event – 8th March 2022
- Using Resources – Validation event – 15th March 2022
- Safety for managers and Supporters –24th March 2022
- First steps in Training and Validating the Manager’s Wood Badge – 21st & 28th April or 10th & 14th November 2022
- Providing Direction – Validation event – 26th May 2022