The Leadership and Management Training is a part of the Wood Badge for Manager and Supporter roles. The learning opportunities for this training are divided into three areas:
- Independent Learning – this covers the knowledge required by learners to understand the key topics of leadership and management and related Scouting processes. The learning can be accessed by a variety of methods, including videos, e-learning and workbooks.
- Skills courses – this consists of three courses where learners have an opportunity to discuss and demonstrate different skills relating to leadership and management. Dates are available to book on Eventbrite
- Getting Started for Managers – An introduction to the roles of GSL/DESC and Section Supporters with a chance to validate Module 4.
Validating the Leadership and Management Training
The Leadership and Management Training is validated against six core skill areas and a safety module. More information about the objectives for each area can be found at the links below. The specific validation criteria can be found in the Adult’s Personal File for Managers and Supporters.
- Working with People
- Managing Time and Personal Skills
- Providing Direction
- Using Resources
- Enabling Change
- Achieving Results
- Safety for Managers and Supporters
Next Surrey events:
- Manager’s Wood Badge Introductory Evenings – tba
- Managers Wood Badge Workshop – tba
- Safety for Managers & Supporters – 14th March 2023
- Using Resources – 23rd March 2023
- Enabling Change – 29th March 2023
- Working with Teams – 4th April 2023