The Leadership and Management Training is a part of the Wood Badge for Manager and Supporter roles. The learning opportunities for this training are divided into three areas:
- Independent Learning – this covers the knowledge required by learners to understand the key topics of leadership and management and related Scouting processes. The learning can be accessed by a variety of methods, including videos, e-learning and workbooks.
- Skills courses – this consists of three courses where learners have an opportunity to discuss and demonstrate different skills relating to leadership and management. Speak to your LTM for available dates
- Getting Started for Managers – An introduction to the roles of GSL/DESC and Section Supporters with a chance to validate Module 4.
- Next dates – 13th & 15th April 2021 – Zoom
Validating the Leadership and Management Training
The Leadership and Management Training is validated against six core skill areas and a safety module. More information about the objectives for each area can be found at the links below. The specific validation criteria can be found in the Adult’s Personal File for Managers and Supporters.
- Working with People
- Managing Time and Personal Skills
- Providing Direction
- Using Resources
- Enabling Change
- Achieving Results
- Safety for Managers and Supporters
- Next events:
- Using Resources – 4th February 2021 – Zoom
- Providing Direction – Validation event – 21st April 2021 – Zoom
- Safety for Managers & Supporters – 27th April 2021 – Zoom
- Enabling Change – Validation event – 15th June – Zoom