Travelling abroad is an exciting dimension of international Scouting. It’s an opportunity to learn about another country and culture, to meet new people and experience new things, and to take part in a whole host of activities.
Surrey Scouts International Team are here to help with your visit abroad whether you’re thinking about planning your first trip abroad or working on your tenth; going alone or taking 250 young people; using a travel company or planning it yourself!
Whatever the nature of your trip abroad, there is a simple approval process you always need to follow. The first step is getting in touch as soon as you are thinking of planning a trip; it doesn’t matter how early stage your planning is or if you subsequently decide not to go ahead – you must contact us at the start of the planning process. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
The Surrey Scouts Visits Abroad Guide can be downloaded here: Visits abroad guide – Surrey Scouts. It contains lots of helpful resources, including:
- Detail on the visits abroad approval process.
- Options for visits abroad including European Scout centres.
- It’s easier than you think! Advice from leaders who ran a visit abroad for the first time.
- Top tips and great ideas.
- Grants you may be able to apply to to support individuals.
For more information and advice, just get in touch!