Travelling abroad is an exciting dimension of international Scouting. It’s an opportunity to learn about another country and culture, to meet new people and experience new things, and to take part in a whole host of activities.
Surrey Scouts International Team are here to help with your visit abroad whether you’re thinking about planning your first trip abroad or working on your tenth; going alone or taking 250 young people; using a travel company or planning it yourself!
Whatever the nature of your trip abroad, there is a simple approval process you always need to follow. The first step is getting in touch as soon as you are thinking of planning a trip; it doesn’t matter how early stage your planning is or if you subsequently decide not to go ahead – you must contact us at the start of the planning process. Please contact us at email@example.com to get started.
The Surrey Scouts Visits Abroad Guide can be downloaded here: Visits abroad guide – Surrey Scouts. It contains lots of helpful resources, including:
- Detail on the visits abroad approval process.
- Options for visits abroad including European Scout centres.
- It’s easier than you think! Advice from leaders who ran a visit abroad for the first time.
- Top tips and great ideas.
- Grants you may be able to apply to support individuals.
Within Surrey Scouts, we have replaced the word document Visits Abroad form with online forms to make the paperwork easier for everyone. Furthermore, part of the Visits Abroad approval process is a requirement to send us details on the qualifications/training/safety arrangements for any external companies you are using to run adventurous activities and/or of the permit held by leaders who will be running adventurous activities. To make this information easier to collect, we have produced an ‘Activity Information Form’ which you can download below.
Please use these online forms rather than the Visits Abroad form available on the HQ website:
- Surrey Scouts Part A online form (submit as soon as you begin planning): https://forms.office.com/r/5xhBijsG34
- Surrey Scouts Part B online form (submit for final approval 3-6months before departure): https://forms.office.com/r/xn6tiinE3k
- Surrey Scouts Activity Information Form: Activity information form – Visits abroad
For more information and advice, just get in touch!