European Scout Jamboree – International Service Team
COVID-19: please note this information is up to date and relevant for the new postponed event.
The Jamboree IST will be comprised of adult volunteers from across Europe and beyond, who are all there for one reason – to make the Jamboree a success! They will fill vital roles in motivating and supporting young people, and providing services, programme and facilities. There will be a huge range of roles, from supporting adventurous activities such as climbing and water sports, to making sure food is distributed, coaches are safely loaded and evening activities are provided. Whilst you’ll be able to select your preferences you need to be prepared to do anything.
The cost to attend the European Jamboree as an IST member is 1200 Polish Zloty (approx. £255), which includes:
- Transfers to/ from Gdansk Airport or Central Railway station
- Jamboree IST programme including opening/closing ceremonies and food
The cost does not include the following:
- Travel to/from Gdansk
- Personal kit including bags, tents and other camping equipment
- Uniform (you will take your normal Scout uniform)
- Spending money
- Any pre or post Jamboree sightseeing or other activities you choose to organise
- Any branded T shirts, badges, neckerchiefs or similar you choose to arrange or order from Scout Store
The final payment schedule is still to be confirmed; however, for new IST members joining us since the postponement to 2021 was announced it is likely to be this:
- November 2020 – 50%
- January 2021 – 50%
We expect that Scouters from low income backgrounds will be able to apply for a grant from the headquarters International Fund.
Who can apply?
You can apply to be an IST member if you will be at least 18 years old on the first day of the Jamboree. (IST must now be born on or before 2 August 2003)
We are looking for adults that:
- have an interest in international Scouting, and in other countries and cultures
- can work in a team
- are committed to making the Jamboree happen, whatever role they are asked to do
- have experience of camping and basic Scouting skills
- have skills and experience that will be useful at the Jamboree, whether in supporting the delivery of programme or services
- are flexible, adaptable and positive and want to make the most of this unique experience
Please note that you will complete the visits abroad sign off process via the Surrey Scouts International Team, who will also be available to support you in any way they can in the lead up to the Jamboree.
- Apply online HERE by Friday 18thSeptember 2020
- You will receive an automated acknowledgement of your application within 1 hour. If you don’t receive this please contact James HERE for assistance.
- We will let your District Commissioner know that you have applied and will ask for their specific endorsement for your application
- All adults whose applications show that they would be committed, enthusiastic and self-reliant members of the IST, and whose applications are endorsed by their District, will have their places at the Jamboree confirmed
- We aim to let you know in October whether your application has been successful
- We expect that you will need to officially register for the event in October/November 2020 and will likely need to make your first payment to the organisers at the same time
Any questions? Please contact Kerry HERE.