Map and Compass Skills – Saturday March 14th 2020
These Skills Workshops are aimed at Leaders and Adult Supporters in Scouting, wishing to upgrade their Scouting skills, and those with little or no experience wishing to lead/develop young people in walking activities:
• Beavers/Cubs – Part-day walk..?
• Scouts – Day-Hikes, Expedition Challenge and Chief Scouts Gold Award..?
• Explorers and Network – DofE and Queens Scout Award..?
• All Sections – Hikes Away Staged Activity Badge: https://scouts.org.uk/staged-badges/hikes-away/
• Adults – Improve fundamental skills before learning Hillwalking..?
Map Scales, OS Grid, Map Symbols, Magnetic Variation, Use of a Compass, Route Planning, Activities & Games for Teaching YP, POR, Practical Exercise
Learner resources and lunch provided.
Birchmere Scout Campsite is located near the junction of the A3 and the M25 (Junction 10); access is off the A3. Directions will be provided in the welcome document sent out just before the date of this learning.
Overnight accommodation is available for learners following both days.
You may provide your own Saturday dinner and Sunday breakfast; alternatively, we can provide Saturday Dinner (Optional) and/or Sunday breakfast (Optional) at a small additional cost (see Booking site).
Skills Workshops are open to all Adults (over 18); I.E. Managers, Leaders and Supporters in Scouting plus Scout Network – Managers, Leaders and Supporters in Guiding plus Senior Section are welcome.