Skills Training for Beaver Leaders!
Date: 16th July 2022
Venue: Bentley Copse Activity Centre
Time: 8.45am for 9.00am start – 4pm finish
Cost: £10 (+15p system booking fee)
Purpose of the training
This one day course is designed to provide Beaver Leaders with skills in pioneering and backwoods cooking aimed especially at the Beaver age group. Over the course of the day, you will be trained to deliver age appropriate skills to Beavers with the aim that when you leave, you will have practised so that you are confident in the skills learned and with clear guidance about this can be used in your section. Do the training now and roll it out in your autumn programme!
You will get:
- training in both backwoods cooking (a part of bushcraft training) and pioneering
- a pack of instructions so that you can replicate the training in your colony
- confidence to deliver the skills in your colony
- small working groups so that you get a good staff to learner ratio
- A group of people who can support you as you bring these elements to your colony
- The ability to replicate the training in your district with other leaders
Places are limited so that small group tuition can be supported.
Please arrive no later than 08:45 in order we can complete pre-session administration.
Our scheduled Finish Time is 16:00hrs. We would welcome your help clearing away afterwards
Please wear clothing suited to working outdoors.
Coffee/Tea provided. Please bring a packed lunch.
Course organiser: Sue Hathaway (County Beaver Leader)
Course leader: Colin Scarff
To book your place click HERE
This course is subsidised by the
and is organised by
Bentley Copse Activity Centre