Duke of Edinburgh’s Award
County Adviser: Mark Taylor
The Scout Programme facilitates a very close liaison with the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award. The most fruitful method of achieving the Explorer and Network Scout awards are by engaging in the Duke of Edinburgh scheme and adding the few extra items thus:
Chief Scout’s Platinum Award
- Duke of Edinburgh Bronze + scout membership + 6 nights away + 2 activities.
Chief Scout’s Diamond Award
- Duke of Edinburgh Silver + scout membership + 12 nights away + 2 further activities.
Queen’s Scout Award
- Duke of Edinburgh Gold + scout membership + 18 nights away + 2 further activities.
See the Duke of Edinburgh handbook and the Scout programme for further details.
The Duke of Edinburgh Award may be achieved either;
- Entirely through Surrey Scouts using the Scout Association as an operating authority
- Entirely through an operating authority such as Surrey County Council via schools, colleges, other centres
- Through a mixture of these
To find out how to get started, consult the District’s own Duke of Edinburgh Advisers if one is in place, or the County Adviser or County Leader. The County Advisor can supply resource materials, such as Entrance Packs and handbooks. Mark will be pleased to visit any District and provide general advice.
Visit the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme’s own website for ideas, activities and information.