European Scout Jamboree – International Service Team
The Jamboree IST will be comprised of adult volunteers from across Europe and beyond, who are all there for one reason – to make the Jamboree a success! They will fill vital roles in motivating and supporting young people, and providing services, programme and facilities. There will be a huge range of roles, from supporting adventurous activities such as climbing and water sports, to making sure food is distributed, coaches are safely loaded and evening activities are provided. Whilst you’ll be able to select your preferences you need to be prepared to do anything.
The cost to attend the European Jamboree as an IST member is 1250 Polish Zloty (approx. £255), which includes:
- Transfers to/ from Gdansk Airport or Central Railway station
- Jamboree IST programme including opening/closing ceremonies and food
The cost does not include the following:
- Travel to/from Gdansk
- Personal kit including bags, tents and other camping equipment
- Uniform (you will take your normal Scout uniform)
- Spending money
- Any pre or post Jamboree sightseeing or other activities you choose to organise
- Any branded T shirts, badges, neckerchiefs or similar you choose to arrange or order from Scout Store
The final payment schedule is still to be confirmed but is likely to be:
- January 2019 – 10%
- September 2019 – 40%
- March 2020 – 50%
We expect that Scouters from low income backgrounds will be able to apply for a grant from the headquarters International Fund.
Who can apply?
You can apply to be an IST member if you will be at least 18 years old on the first day of the Jamboree.
We are looking for adults that:
- have an interest in international Scouting, and in other countries and cultures
- can work in a team
- are committed to making the Jamboree happen, whatever role they are asked to do
- have experience of camping and basic Scouting skills
- have skills and experience that will be useful at the Jamboree, whether in supporting the delivery of programme or services
- are flexible, adaptable and positive and want to make the most of this unique experience
Please note that you will complete the visits abroad sign off process via the Surrey Scouts International Team, who will also be available to support you in any way they can in the lead up to the Jamboree.
- Apply online HERE by Wednesday 31st October 2018
- You will receive an automated acknowledgement of your application within 1 hour. If you don’t receive this please contact James on email@example.com for assistance.
- We will let your District Commissioner know that you have applied
- All adults whose applications show that they would be committed, enthusiastic and self reliant members of the IST, and whose applications are supported by their District, will go forward to the next stage
- The 5 Surrey IST will be selected at random from these applications
- We aim to let you know by the end of November whether your application has been successful
The application process for the European Jamboree is now closed. Thank you to those that applied to attend – we aim to let you know by the end of November whether your application has been successful, sooner if we can.
Questions? Please contact Helen on firstname.lastname@example.org.